Search Glorious Little Soldiers

Friday 21 October 2016

Dimensionally Challenged.

As regular reader will know I like the painting and modelling side of the hobby. More- in some cases- than the mere dice rolloing. I paint figures because I like 'em not merely because I want a few more pretty counters..
 Thismeans that sometimes I paint figures which don't fit into any armies or projects- just because I like them
 This is especially so when I(very rarely) paint any flats.
Marian Roman legionaries .
 I've had a few flats in the lead pile for years adding too them once in a while because I like their delicacy and the fineness of the detail. I'll never be  in the premier league of flats painters but I like to have a bash as a painting exercise.. It keeps your technique sharp. Remember, these little blokes are "30mm"  so about the same size as most of todays "28mm" but much much finer in proportion.

Robert the Bruce. Painting the double tressure was a right pain. 
I think this one is supposed to be Joan of Arc  but maybe not. 
Some flat painters only paint one side  I paint both as one day I'd like to have 2 small forces  either medieval or 17th century.

Yes I do paint both sides. 
However it is all a matter of "point of View"
But we'll have to see . I paint slowly at the best of times and these take real effort. However I've a couple more on my desk. so this tiny collection will grow albeit at a snails pace.

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I'm not a skilled enough painter to have a go myself, but I enjoy very much gazing at others' 30mm flats.

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've loved 'flats' for many, many years, having seen them on display in a shop in London in the 70s (Possible "Under Two Flags"). Your brushwork is easily the equal of those, stunnign , just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks chaps I appreciate it. I just wish I was a faster painter. I still don't quite have the knack of using non-metalic paint for metals so I cheat !

    ReplyDelete