Search Glorious Little Soldiers

Monday 11 October 2021

Back in the Saddle 3 It's Showtime.

 Bloody Hell I ache as if some unfriendly dude from a misspent past has caught up with me and given me a kicking. No he didn't, it just feels that way, after my first trade show for 20 months. Muscles I'd forgotten I had were forced to work for a living humping a van full of  soldiers to the trade stand  and then hump a (significantly lighter) load back again .

' Twas a fine show mind. Some cracking games. Battle of Dieg my personal favourite, very closely followed by a wonderful 40mm 18th century game  with two magnificent ships. There was a rather nice Sikh Wars game as well. Oh and a 54mm size Ancients encounter with a big elephant and some Persians. Doubtless there may have been assorted dwarfs and spacemen on other tables but I  didn't see 'em - didn't look either.

 So Partizan is back,  a show that treats you like an adult- well mostly-  and welcome it is too. Saw a whole host of the 'usual suspects' ,chaps I'd not seen for  two years or so.

See here for some pics of the Battle of Dieg game

https://www.facebook.com/groups/300248167746857/


Mind you, we- Jim and I had a bit of strife- the Van Hire outfit wanted the drivers NI number - which is not something you usually carry about with you - well I don't nor did Jim- so a job that should have take a couple of hours took 4  and a twenty quid cab fare , which we could well have done without but all went right in the end.

 The show was very busy until mid afternoon when I got a little wander - would have taken some photos but to add to the amusement my phone snuffed it inconveniently, no worries Facebook and other places have plenty of pics about.. Worth checking out if you didn't make it. There were games I didn't get to see so I will be having a butchers myself when the pain dies down to a dull ache !

 Nice to be back and a good show to start on as well.

 My next is Salute which for the record will be my last Salute  as I am pulling back from long distance shows. 6 hours each way in a van is no longer my idea of fun so next year I shall be restricting my show travelling to roughly speaking 'England Above Trent' 

 So yes I'll still be dong Partizan. 


No comments:

Post a Comment