Search Glorious Little Soldiers

Sunday 11 February 2018

More Mutiny Men

The completed Mutineer artillery battery- san hanging static grass this time.



Despite the ever increasing amounts of Government crap I am now supposed to deal with due to the success tax- sory says he knuckling his forelock  governemnt wars that eould be VAT-  I've still managed to finish a couple more units for my slowly growing Indian Mutiny project. Now to be fair  much of this was basing as the British were painted by  James Main. Though the mutineers are by me. Still the British would be pathetic without the units that Jim painted for me-I have an unbased Punjab Irregular Force unit that is next in line for treatment as well.
  Any how here are the photos.
The 52nd Foot- Light Infantry - one of the Delhi Field force units,



N.C.O and Officer.

More of this stuff is on the painting table. More Mutineers for a start including some Irregulars Barkanzies and sucghlike. Watch this space.

8 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful, Andy. These and the Sikh Wars are, I think, Old Glory's best lines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ilike the Sikh Wars range too. As for best lines yes they are but there are amongst a larger group which for me includes the Italian Wars the ECW and possibly the Hundred years war

      Delete
  2. Great looking additions, and the officer and NCO look so elegant...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your kind words chaps

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great active sculpts and the painting sets them off nicely. I was tempted by the mutiny many years ago (late 80s) but the figures around then we're unimpressive, so I sold off all my books and some useful uniform guides from Mil Mod. Ah well, lottery ticket beckons again...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had an interest in the period for years- a decent selection of books on it. Tried the Foundry range in the 80s but many of the British are actually wrong in detail- though the Indian troops are better- especially the irregulars. Even after VAT the OG models will be about 30% cheaper than foundry and nearer 60% cheaper than say Empress and that is before we get into the 6 for 5 deal for example

      Delete
  5. Very nice Andy, great sculpts and great painting and basing. Talking classic OG ranges I still rate the 25mm ACW's one of the best, I used to have many hundreds of them. mostly the 'marching' (right shoulder shift arms' ) codes and loved the variety of poses and faces within each bag. I am so tempted to do another nostalgia project using them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Lee if you so choose I'm sure we can sort it out

      Delete