Search Glorious Little Soldiers

Friday 12 October 2012

More Moderns

I've finally got around to doing some infantry to go with those tasty Charlie 1s I did a month or so back. I have even kind of sorted out an organisation. each stand will - depending upon game level represent either a platoon or a section so a base unit will be 4 stands ie Platoon HQ and 3 sections or Company HQ and 3 platoons. HQ stands or "Command stands" in CD ese will have less firepower. At the company level a "Weapons stand" can be added at platoon level such are more likley to be in the Fire Support Group.
So the first pic here shows a "Company" with attached weapons stand
The next show British troops patrolling the streets of Ghob City in southern Harraq sometime in 2003 (What I hear you cry is this a fictional country- well yes sort of but NEVER an imagi-nation -abominable term) Harraq is of course to the south of R'hagidistan.......
A small firefight between the British and Harraqi Republican Guards.
More British troops . Two companies with most of "Support Company" - which still needs a command stand and an 81mm Mortar stand and probably a sniper stand when I work out how that will fit into the higher level game. In theory the battles in "Harraq" will have tanks APC's Helcopters the lot using Orbats taken from CPQ and similar."Harraq" will be a tougher nut to crack than its erstwhile origonal of that I'm sure.

2 comments:

  1. Great looking figures, love the tanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Currently this is my main project and had taken over from 40mm for the time being partly or perhaps mostly because its so different from anything I've done before. The last time I dabbled was in the early 90s with "Zingola" a sort of modern african campaign.

      Delete